Become an LFL Tutor
We realize that with your hectic work schedule and lifestyle that your time is at a premium. That is why we have designed a volunteer opportunity for you that requires little effort to make a significant difference in a child's life! As a tutor, you will:
- Help a third-grade child with below-average reading and comprehension skills pass the FSA (Florida Standards Assessment) and progress to the fourth grade.
- Increase the student's self-esteem.
- Serve as a mentor and positive role model in the community.
- Provide the encouragement and support the child needs to stay in school and out of the criminal system.
- Make a lifelong impact by increasing the child's chances of future success.
The program details are as follows:
- You will meet with your student once a week for 11 weeks from mid-January to early-April.
- You may choose from schools in Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
- There is no financial commitment.
- If you cannot make all sessions, we will provide a substitute tutor.
Download a Volunteer Registration Form »
For more information, please contact us.